Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Faculty and Staff
The MSPAS program is in development, with commitment to hire experienced educators who are dedicated to our relationship-based and patient centered curriculum. Please return for updates.
Dean of the School of Education and Health Sciences
Dr. Marci J. Swede, Ph.D. Professor of Health Sciences
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Biology and Genetics. Washington University, in St. Louis, MO.
- PhD, Genetics and Biochemistry. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- BA, Biology. Brandeis University, Waltham, MA.
Chairperson, Department of Medical Sciences
Dr. Mary E. Groll, MD MS. Professor of Health Sciences
- University of Chicago, Pediatrics Residency (Board Certified in Pediatrics)
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago IL. Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
- MS, Microbiology. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL.
- BA, Honors in Biology, Cum Laude. Knox College, Galesburg, IL.
- Specialty: Pediatrics, Infectious Disease
Dr. Thomas Meersman, PA-C, DHSc. Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies NCCPA Certified
- DHSc, A.T. Still University. Mesa, AZ. Highest Honors
- MMS, Midwestern University. Downers Grove, IL.
- BS, Kinesiology. Indiana University, Bloomington IN.
- Specialty: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine
Dr. Tiffany Delane, PhD, PA-C, EMT-P. Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies NCCPA Certified
- PhD, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN.
- MS, A.T. Still University, Mesa, AZ.
- BA, Hampton University, Hampton, VA.
- Nationally Registered / Licensed Paramedic, Loyola University Medical Center
- Specialty: Public Health, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Danielle Littrell, DMSc, MMS, PA-C, MPH, Clinical Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies NCCPA Certified
- DMSc.,University of Lynchburg. Lynchburg, VA
- MPH, Arcadia University. Glenside, PA
- MMS, Arcadia University. Glenside, PA
- BS, Biology, Chemistry, Medical Humanities, Elmhurst College. Elmhurst, IL
- Specialty: Women's and LGBTQ Health, Public Health, Emergency Medicine
Ericka L. Stoor-Burning, MS, PA-C, Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies NCCPA Certified
- DHSc, A.T. Still University. Kirksville, MO. (Anticipated Graduation May 2021)
- MS, Philadelphia University. Philadelphia, PA.
- BS, Philadelphia University. Philadelphia, PA.
- Specialty: General Surgery, Trauma Surgery and Acute Care
Dr. Kristen Stout Egerton, PhD, Molecular and Systems Pharmacology, Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University. Chicago IL
- PhD, Molecular and Systems Pharmacology, Emory University. Atlanta, GA
- BS, Physiology and Developmental Biology, Brigham Young University. Provo, UT
Dr. Timothy Woods, PhD. Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders (NIDCD). University of California Davis, Davis, CA.
- PhD, Biological Sciences, in the Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology. University of California, Irvine, CA.
- AB, Psychology. Princeton University, Princeton, NJ.
Dr. Ashwani Garg, MD. Clinical Associate Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine. University of Arizona. Tucson, AZ. Fall 2021
- Faculty Development Certificate. University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Chicago, IL.
- Family Medicine Residency, Hinsdale Hospital. (Board Certified in Family Medicine)
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Chicago, IL.
- BS, Biomedical Engineering. Northwestern University, Evanston IL.
- Specialty: Family Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine
- BS, Business Administration. Valparaiso University. Valparaiso, IN.