9 campus resources you should know
Nov 19, 2018
College is a fun, inspiring and memorable experience that will shape the rest of your life. However, let’s be real, it’s also extremely challenging. But college is not about just pushing through the challenges, it’s about recognizing when and where to find help. North Central provides a number of great resources to help you succeed and get the most out of your time. Here are nine resources you should definitely get to know:
1. Writing Center — Tutors offer support for writing, reading and critical thinking across all disciplines and majors.
2. Dyson Wellness Center — is an on-campus clinic that offers confidential medical and counseling services. The staff of healthcare professionals is dedicated to providing treatment of acute illness and injury, medical consultation and referral, health education, immunizations, and more.
3. The Office of Financial Aid — helps students maximize the affordability of their education through a number of financial assistance options and scholarship opportunities.
4. Faculty Athletic Mentors — are professors who partner with athletic teams across campus to foster supportive relationships with student-athletes and help maintain their academic and athletic success.
5. The Giving Box — contains items for students’ basic food and hygiene needs. Students can simply bring their ID card with them and take up to five items per week.
6. The Cardinal First program — builds a sense of community among North Central’s first-generation students. Faculty, staff and student ambassadors help first-generation students maximize their academic success, personal development and professional growth.
7. Early Alert — contributes to students’ academic and personal success when faculty, staff and students identify people who may be struggling so they can receive support.
8. Career Development — offers various resources so North Central students can find meaningful internships and careers. The Office of Career Development is dedicated to helping students craft cover letters and résumés, develop networking skills, and prepare for interviews.
9. Cardinal Career Closet — supplies students with professional attire for attending career fairs and job interviews.