Graduate Academic Programs
Steps to Apply
1. Start Your Application
A username and password will be generated and sent to the email you provide. You will have 30 days to complete the online application. Separately from the application, you will need to submit additional items depending on your program. In order to submit the online application, you will be required to upload the following:
- Statement of purpose that discusses long range goals, interest in the chosen discipline, and the reason(s) for applying to this program.
- A current resume that includes educational and employment history, college extracurricular activities, community activities, honors and leadership roles, hobbies and nonacademic interests.
2. Submit Official Transcripts
Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions showing an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts must be submitted directly to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. Official transcripts can be sent by mail or electronically.
- We give careful consideration to all credentials in an application. The minimum GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during the last 60 credit hours of coursework is required.
- The School of Graduate and Professional Studies uses a holistic approach giving careful consideration to all credentials in an application. Applicants who do not meet the minimum grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale may be considered for conditional admission which could require frequent contact by advisors. Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or lower will not be considered for conditional admission.
- Official transcripts must be submitted directly to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. Official transcripts can be sent by mail or electronically from verified services.
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
30 N. Brainard St.
Naperville, IL 60540
3. Letters of Recommendation
One professional or academic letter of recommendation from an employer, professor, or another person who is able to judge your potential for graduate study. Letters can be emailed to email@example.com. For education programs, you'll need to submit one specific letter of recommendation.
Applicants may be invited to an admissions interview if deemed necessary by the School of Graduate & Professional Studies.