Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your offer of admission!
In order to accept your offer, you will need to:
- Pay your tuition deposit ($100)
- If you will live on campus, pay your housing deposit ($100) and complete your Housing Application & Roommate Questionnaire
Deposits can be paid by cash, check made out to North Central College, wire transfer or credit card via flywire, or credit card using the Credit Card Payment Authorization Form. Contact your admission counselor with any questions.
In order to achieve your highest level of academic achievement, North Central provides academic advising support to all students! Your academic advisor will help you develop an academic and co-curricular plan that prepares you to achieve your educational and life goals. You will learn about campus resources, academic opportunities, and program and College graduation requirements. You will be contacted by your academic advisor in late May and course registration will begin shortly after. Please be sure to check your North Central email in anticipation!
Make arrangements to have your official final transcripts, including any current course work, sent to North Central before your first term at North Central begins. If you do not, a hold will be placed on your account preventing you from registering for future terms.
Living on campus is an exciting part of your college experience and our campus community is ready to welcome you!
First-Year students please complete the Housing Application. Please return complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Once you have submitted your housing deposit and completed the housing application, you will be notified of your placement in June/July (Fall starts) or December (Spring starts).
Be sure to contact your roommate/s and introduce yourself!
Think about what meal plan option you will choose at orientation. All meal plans cost the same.
Medical History and Immunization Records
Get any necessary immunizations and have your doctor complete your Immunization Form for North Central's Wellness Center. You will need your college ID number to complete the forms. Call the Wellness Center with any questions, +1-630-637-5550. They're happy to help!
Note: Please be aware the State of Illinois has very specific immunization requirements as outlined in the medical forms. If these requirements are not met, you will not be able to register for your second term classes.
Please contact your admission counselor with any questions about these requirements. Although you can get missing immunizations after arriving at North Central, it is usually much less expensive for you to get the required immunizations before you leave home.
Purchase required health insurance through GeoBlue. The information brochure monthly rate for August 2021 through July 2022 will be available in June 2021.
- Purchase insurance for all months you will be in the U.S. using this link. Use the address: North Central College, 30 North Brainard Street CM#276, Naperville, IL 60540. Blank fields asking for ID numbers can be left blank. Print and bring your receipt and medical card to orientation.
International student athletes who will be participating in intercollegiate sports will need to submit additional medical forms and purchase an additional insurance policy as well. Contact your coach for details. Let your admission counselor know if you are interested in participating in any athletics or other student activities on campus, so you can arrange to start practice or rehearsal on time. The medical forms are updated each June for the following academic year on the Athletics website.
Fall 2021 Students
Information coming soon!
Paying Tuition and Fees
Consider how you plan to pay your first term tuition. Your electronic invoice will be available to you in your Merlin account; as part of our efforts to be environmentally friendly, North Central does not issue paper invoices. North Central has partnered with flywire to offer convenient international payment options for students with non-U.S. bank accounts.
Applying for an F-1 Student Visa
The process of applying for a student visa can take up to three months. If you will need an F-1 student visa to study at North Central, please submit the following as soon as possible to ensure that an I-20 Form (Visa Eligibility Document) can be issued:
- A color copy of your passport identification page.
- Documentation of sufficient financial resources. This includes:
- A completed and signed 2021-2022 Declaration of Finances & Affidavit of Support Form (students entering in August 2021 or January 2022)
- A Bank Letter for each sponsor that includes an original signature on bank letterhead with the bank's contact information. It must be dated no earlier than January 15, 2021 for August entry (no earlier than April 15, 2021 for January entry) and include the name of the account holder and the amount in the account. It must also specify the type of account (e.g., savings, checking, time deposit, etc.) and the currency of the account. Please be sure the amount in the account is at least equal to the amount pledged to the student by the sponsor, and that the account is in the sponsor's name. North Central accepts original letters or color scans of original letters. Review a sample bank letter format.
- A Transfer Verification Form and copies of your current I-20 form and I-94 record, if you are currently in the U.S. in F-1 status. Please note: Your SEVIS record must be transferred to North Central before you leave the U.S. if you are traveling internationally between programs. Please contact your admission counselor regarding any international travel plans.
Welcome Week and International Student Orientation
Fall 2021 Students
Welcome Week and International Student Orientation information coming soon!
Check out the International Pre-Orientation pages online to get a head start!