Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your admission to North Central College. We can't wait to welcome you to campus! North Central is more than just a world-class education. It's a place that will help you exceed your personal best: in the classroom, in the lab, in your career and in life.
Here you will find information designed to help you take the next steps in becoming a Cardinal.
Admitted Student Checklist
As you prepare to enter one of the most exciting chapters in your life, you're probably wondering "What comes next?" This checklist will help answer that question and guide you through the enrollment process.
You did it! Now it's time to celebrate the moment and let the world know you are #CardinalBound. From party decorations to Instagram filters and thank-you cards to mobile wallpapers—we’ve got everything you need to show off your Cardinal Pride!
Explore and download these digital freebies.
2) Make it Official! In order to accept your offer, you will need to:
- Pay your tuition deposit ($100)
- If you will live on campus, pay your housing deposit ($100) and complete your Housing Application & Roommate Questionnaire
Deposits can be paid by cash, check made out to North Central College, wire transfer or credit card via flywire, or credit card. Contact your admission counselor with any questions.
Make arrangements to have your official final transcripts, including any current course work, sent to North Central before your first term at North Central begins. If you do not, a hold will be placed on your account preventing you from registering for future terms.
4) Apply for an F-1 Student Visa
F-1 Student Visa
The F-1 student visa is designed for international students who plan to enroll in a degree program at a U.S. university as a full-time student. To apply for this visa, you will need a Form I-20, which is issued by the university at which you plan to enroll.
The process of applying for a student visa can take up to three months. If you need an F-1 student visa to study at North Central, please submit the following as soon as possible to ensure that an I-20 Form (Visa Eligibility Document) can be issued:
- A color copy of your passport identification page.
- Documentation of sufficient financial resources.
- Before North Central can issue your Form I-20, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient funding available for your course of study.
- This form includes the estimated costs of that program of study. The estimated cost of attendance for the 2021-2022 academic year at North Central is $58,044.
- The amount of funding you must show will depending on the scholarship award amount you receive.
- Example: an international student awarded a $20,000 scholarship will need to provide documentation of $38,044.
Financial forms to complete:
- 2022-2023 Affidavit of Financial Support Form
- Bank letter (original or color scan)
- .A completed and signed 2022-2023 Affidavit of Financial Support Form (students starting in August 2022 or January 2023)
- A bank statement for each sponsor that includes an original signature on bank letterhead with the bank's contact information.
- For August entry- It must be dated no earlier than January 15, 2022.
- For January Entry- It must be dates no earlier than April 15, 2022
- Include the name of the account holder and the amount in the account.
- Specify the type of account (e.g., savings, checking, time deposit, etc.) and the currency of the account.
- Please be sure that the account is in the sponsor's name and the amount in the account is at least equal to the amount the sponsor has pledged to the student.
- Please also ensure that the bank account owner is the sponsor who completes and signs the Declaration of Finances form.
- North Central accepts original letters or color scans of original letters.
5) Class Registration
In order to achieve your highest level of academic achievement, North Central provides academic advising support to all students!
- You will be contacted by your Student Success Coach in late May/June and course registration will begin shortly after.
- Your Student Success Coach will help you develop an academic and co-curricular plan that prepares you to achieve your educational goals and complete College graduation requirements.
- Please be sure to check your North Central email in anticipation!
Living on campus is an exciting part of your college experience and our campus community is ready to welcome you!
First-Year and transfer students please complete the Housing Application. Once you have submitted your housing deposit and completed the housing application, you will be notified of your placement in June/July (Fall starts) or December (Spring starts).
Be sure to contact your roommate/s and introduce yourself!
7) Meal Plans
Think about what meal plan option you will choose at orientation. All meal plans cost the same.
8) Medical History and Immunization Records
Get any necessary immunizations and have your doctor complete your Immunization Form for North Central's Wellness Center. You will need your college ID number to complete the forms. Call the Wellness Center with any questions, +1-630-637-5550. They're happy to help!
Note: Please be aware the State of Illinois has very specific immunization requirements as outlined in the medical forms. If these requirements are not met, you will not be able to register for your second term classes.
Please contact your admission counselor with any questions about these requirements. Although you can get missing immunizations after arriving at North Central, it is usually much less expensive for you to get the required immunizations before you leave home.
9) Health Insurance
Purchase required health insurance through GeoBlue. The information brochure and monthly rate for August 2022 through July 2023 will be available in late June 2022.
- Purchase insurance for all months you will be in the U.S. using this link. Use the address: North Central College, 30 North Brainard Street CM#276, Naperville, IL 60540. Blank fields asking for ID numbers can be left blank. Print and bring your receipt and medical card to orientation.
International student athletes who will be participating in intercollegiate sports will need to submit additional medical forms and purchase an additional insurance policy as well. Contact your coach for details. Let your admission counselor know if you are interested in participating in any athletics or other student activities on campus, so you can arrange to start practice or rehearsal on time. The medical forms are updated each June for the following academic year on the Athletics website.