My teaching career began as a high school mathematics teacher in Levittown, NY. As my family moved around the country, I held teaching positions in Enterprise, AL, Cheyenne, WY and Fairfield, CT. I also worked as a Cost Accountant for Boeing Aircraft and as a Statistician for the WY Department of Labor. I taught my first classes at North Central in 1986. Over the years, I have witnessed many changes at the college in curriculum, staff and facilities.Download CV
- Girls and Math Workshop: 9am-1pm, July 10-14, 2017.
- "The New SAT" The 2017 Annual Meeting of the Illinois Section of the MAA, on April 1, 2017, College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. The SAT test from the College Board underwent a number of significant changes recently (they were put into effect in spring 2016). In this session we will look at the new SAT Math test, its makeup, format, and structure. In Illinois, the State of Illinois is now paying for high school juniors to take the SAT test (previously, they paid for the ACT). As a result, more college applicants applying to Illinois colleges and universities are using SAT scores in their applications. In this session we will raise some of the math placement issues surrounding use of the new SAT scores and share ideas. We may have more questions than answers at this point, so input will be welcome. This talk will be of interest to those teaching teacher education courses, but is also of general interest and to those who are involved with math placement. Co-presented with Jim Olsen, Western Illinois University
- "Coding and CAD in the Classroom: 21st Century Education", Metropolitan Mathematics Club of Chicago Conference Of Workshops,Saturday January 28th, 2017,at Evanston Township High School, in Evanston, IL with Jocelyn Wilcox, Irving Middle School.
- Girls and Math Workshop: 9am-1pm, July 11-15, 2016.
- Girls and Math Workshop: 9am-1pm, July 24-28, 2015.
- “Coloring, Fish Tanks and Scheduling” for K-12 teachers at the Metropolitan Mathematics Club Annual Conference of Workshops, Stevenson HS, January 24, 2015.
- Girls and Math Workshop: 9am-1pm, July 25-29, 2014.
- “Lesson Study: A Mathematics Tool for Teacher Collaboration in the Midst of the Common Core Standards” to K-12 teachers at the Associated Colleges of Illinois Summer Symposium, held at North Central College, June 27, 2014 .
- “Finding Success and Satisfaction in Realizing the Common Core in Mathematics” Single Paper with Multiple Presenters, Association of Teacher Educators 2014 Annual Meeting, St. Louis, Missouri, February 17, 2014.
- Girls and Math Workshop: 9am-1pm, July 22-26, 2013.
- “MATHEMATICAL MODELING: WHAT IS IT? WHY DOES IT MATTER? to 6-12 teachers at the Associated Colleges of Illinois Teacher Induction Academy on Friday, April 19th, 2013 at Dominican University, River Forest, IL