North Central hosting webinars as part of launching innovative new master’s programs
Jan 15, 2019
Specialized degree options, online courses and career development experiences on campus are at the core of three innovative master’s degrees at North Central College, designed for today’s business professionals.
In addition to a reimagined MBA program, the School of Business and Entrepreneurship has developed the Master of Financial Management and Master of Human Resource Management programs, to meet the market demand for highly skilled financial/accounting professionals and human resource managers.
Three informational webinars are scheduled to help students meet the faculty involved with the new degrees and learn more about what they have to offer. These webinars are free and only require a short registration:
- Thursday, January 24 at 12 p.m. CT - Master of Financial Management with Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance Ryan Decker
- Wednesday, January 30 at 12 p.m. CT – MBA with Assistant Professor of Management Esen Andic-Mortan and Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship Chetan Chawla
- Monday, February 4 at 12 p.m. CT – Master of Human Resource Management with Associate Professor of Management Brian Glibkowski
An advisory board of industry leaders collaborated with faculty to ensure that the programs address the needs of professionals seeking career growth and further development.
“Our research found these are career areas with a strong demand for advanced degrees,” said Diane Anstine, dean of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship. “In addition, we wanted to be responsive to industry trends and to leverage technology for our MBA.”
Hallmarks of the three new degree programs:
- Completely online in eight-week modules to provide maximum flexibility for students.
- No prerequisites—open to graduates from any discipline.
- Programs can be completed in 12 months.
- All three degrees share a unique core focused on business fundamentals that industry leaders need, such as data analytics and strategic management across several disciplines.
- Cutting edge courses such as change management, entrepreneurship and new venture strategy, and internal controls and data security in a digital age.
- A weekend professional development experience to interact with business leaders willing to serve as mentors, to meet with program faculty, to network with peers, and to participate in value-added seminars specially designed to significantly enhance career potential.
“We have made all three degree programs as accessible and flexible as possible,” said Anstine. “Students specializing in one area can cross over and take courses in another area to fulfill their electives and tailor their program to meet their specific needs.”
As the business environment becomes more complex, employees become more valuable to their teams and companies through increased knowledge of emerging trends and issues.
“With input from members of the business community, we have tailored our courses to real-world conditions and challenges so that students can apply the classroom theories directly to their workplaces,” added Anstine.
The new degrees will be available beginning fall 2019.
For further information, register for an upcoming informational webinar to meet faculty and learn more.