College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Engineering
Why pursue a (3-2) engineering program at North Central College?
Pursue our dual degree (3-2) engineering option and earn two degrees in only five years through collaborations with other universities. Get the small school experience for your first three years at North Central, where you’ll complete core science, engineering and math courses and earn a bachelor of science degree in chemistry or engineering physics. Then complete a second bachelor of science degree in two years in an engineering specialty like civil, aerospace, nuclear or chemical at a partnering university.
You can also:
- Complete internships at nearby corporate or government research labs such as Argonne National Laboratory or Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.
- Pursue your research interests anywhere in the world by applying for a Richter Grant.
- Travel, study and work internationally through our study abroad program.
- Present your original research findings at local, regional and national conferences such as the National Conferences on Undergraduate Research or North Central's own Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research.
Coursework in this area includes:
- Linear algebra
- Differential equations
- Computer science
- Classical physics
- Quantum physics
- Engineering statics
- Intermediate mechanics
Engineering Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
Recent students have completed the program at:
- University of Illinois at UrbanaChampaign
- University of Minnesota
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Bradley University
Employers of recent dual-degree engineers include:
- CH2M Hill, Boston
- Commonwealth Edison
- Mortenson Construction
- SAI Advanced Power Solutions
- Jacobs Engineering
- American Airlines
- Provisur Technologies
- Great Lakes Dredge and Dock
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
Apply to North Central College
The first step to becoming a North Central student is reading the application instructions specific to you. Find out everything you need to know about applying by selecting the group you belong to below.