College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Engineering
Why choose engineering at North Central College?
You’ll work closely with our talented full-time professors—not teaching assistants—in our distinctive dual-degree program. In addition to our four-year engineering programs, you can also earn two degrees in just four or five years through our partnerships with several Midwestern universities. You’ll study for three or four years at North Central, then finish your studies at a partner university. Ultimately, you’ll hold both a bachelor of arts or science degree from North Central and a bachelor of science degree in engineering from the partner university. You’ll master the engineering core courses (mathematics, science, humanities and social science) in small North Central classes taught by professors committed to high quality teaching. And you’ll have the flexibility to choose an engineering specialty field (such as mechanical, electrical or civil engineering) after you’ve identified your strengths and interests.
You can also:
- Complete internships at nearby corporate or government research labs such as Argonne National Laboratory or Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.
- Pursue your research interests anywhere in the world by applying for a Richter Grant.
- Travel, study and work internationally through our study abroad program.
- Present your original research findings at local, regional and national conferences such as the National Conferences on Undergraduate Research or North Central's own Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research.
Engineering Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
Recent graduates in engineering have been accepted at:
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The University of Minnesota
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois-Chicago
- Iowa State University
Recent graduates in engineering include:
- Engineer, Boeing, Seattle
- Engineer, General Mills, Hannibal, MO
- Engineer, Johnson Matthey, Skopje, Macedonia
- Engineer, Chicago Bridge and Iron, Plainfield, IL
- Engineer, BD Medical, Austin, TX
- Engineer, Caterpillar, Aurora, IL
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
Apply to North Central College
The first step to becoming a North Central student is reading the application instructions specific to you. Find out everything you need to know about applying by selecting the group you belong to below.