Your North Central education goes beyond the classroom. Our internship program helps you apply what you've learned in a workplace setting. As you work as a student intern, you'll gain valuable insight about your professional self that can help you plan your career path. Think of it as a dress rehearsal for your career of choice.
And the learning doesn't need to stop there. Many North Central students graduate with several internships under their belts, leaving participants with professional skills and a wide understanding of career options. This combination of education and internship experience is just what today's top employers are looking for in a recently graduated college student. Both paid or unpaid Internship opportunities help bring your resume the attention it deserves.
North Central's Office of Career Development can assist you in crafting an internship that best meets your needs and gets you steps closer to reaching your career goals. Students may also use this career service for:
1-on-1 Appointments with a Career Coach
- Explore interests and goals through career conversations
- Develop tailored career plans
- Support from staff members while participating in an internship
- Create personalized internship and job search plans
- Review resumes, cover letters, or other career-related documents
- Support from staff members with Handshake or Big Interview
Register and Attend Career Events and Fairs
- All Majors Job & Internship Fair
- Fall Interview Day
- Career Fest
- Employer Tabling and Information Session
An internship is the first step of professional development, and North Central College is here to help you start your career planning. Participants’ first-hand involvement with leadership, organization, and employee training programs will help to give recent graduates the skills, talent, and experience that employers seek.
Internships can be found in almost any career field! Recent opportunities have included:
- Exploring world economies at a British law firm in China
- Learning the business of professional sports with the Chicago Cubs
- Participating in cancer research at Fermi Labs
- Assisting the auditing process at a major investment firm
- Presenting marketing concepts at a historic outdoor concert venue
- Studying sound design at a leading TV production house
- Going behind-the-scenes at an NBC television station
North Central’s location provides you with access to both a world-class city and a booming local high-tech corridor, providing you the ability to secure highly desired internship experience and career exploration. From Fortune 500 companies to dynamic start-ups on the cutting edge, there’s bound to be a workplace and meaningful internship opportunity well-suited to your desired career path, whether that be an in-person or virtual internship experience. Our faculty can help you make the professional connections leading to the right internship for you.
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
Apply to North Central College
The first step to becoming a North Central student is reading the application instructions specific to you. Find out everything you need to know about applying by selecting the group you belong to below.