We've designed a roadmap to help guide you on your next steps. To celebrate your progress, you will receive a NEW PIN for every milestone you successfully complete. Collect all SEVEN!
Pin #1 You’re In
You did it! Now it's time to celebrate the moment and let the world know you are #CardinalBound. From party decorations to Instagram filters and thank-you cards to mobile wallpapers—we’ve got everything you need to show off your Cardinal Pride! Explore and download these digital freebies. After celebrating, be sure to:
- Set-Up Your Email Account: You will receive important information related to financial aid, scholarships and next steps via your official North Central email account. Your login credentials were provided in your acceptance packet. If you need assistance determining your login credentials, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Pin #2 Visit Campus
Whether you have been here before or fell in love with campus from afar, there's always something new to experience: sit in on a class, talk with a faculty member or coach, check out a theatre performance and so much more! We have custom visit days to fit your busy schedule. Register for a visit!
Pin #3 Financial Aid Award Package
Beginning October 1st, you can complete your financial aid paperwork, including the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) form. North Central's FAFSA code is 001734. After you file the FAFSA and receive your financial aid award package, schedule an appointment with your counselor to review your scholarship and aid offer.
Pin #4 Attend Admitted Student Day
Connect with future classmates, current Cardinals and faculty during this exclusive event designed for admitted students. It is the perfect opportunity to receive new Cardinal gear, tour campus and experience all the ways “you belong” at North Central.
Pin #5 Submit Your Deposit
Make it official and reserve your spot with a $100 tuition deposit.
- If you plan to live on campus, complete and submit your online housing application with a $100 room deposit to reserve your space in the residence halls. You will need your North Central login credentials to complete the questionnaire; please refer to your acceptance packet for those details. Housing deposits must be submitted with a tuition deposit.
- All deposits are non-refundable. You can submit your deposit online, with a check or by contacting the Office of Admission to submit via credit card.
Pin #6 New Student Orientation
Register for classes and create an academic plan with your success coach. New Student Orientation is offered for students starting in both Fall and Spring Semester and includes sessions for both students and families. Prior to your New Student Orientation, please complete and consider the following items:
- Immunization Records: Students cannot register for Orientation and classes until their immunization records have been received at the College. Immunization records can be faxed to 630-637-5554. E-mail the Dyson Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- AP Credit: Degree-seeking students may receive credit by examination through the Advanced Placement Program.
- Dual Credit: Did you take a college course during high school? Please request official college or university transcripts to be sent to North Central College. If you attended a local community college, see if your course transfers to North Central by viewing our Transfer Guides.
Pin #7 Attend Welcome Week
This is your opportunity to get acclimated, make friends and most importantly, have fun—you’re officially a Cardinal! Prior to Welcome Week, you will need to:
- Submit Final Transcripts: Make arrangements to have your final high school and any college/university transcripts sent to North Central College.
- Complete Health and Safety Requirements: Before the first day of classes, you will need to complete a few online training modules. North Central is committed to maintaining a safe and positive learning, working, social and residential environment.
- Secure Books & Supplies: Determine which books and supplies you'll need for each class by regularly checking Merlin as your start term approaches. Books are available for purchase or rent at the Campus Store.
Find Your Fit
There are a variety of programs and organizations designed to help you find your fit and build a network of support. Here are just a few examples:
Contact Your Counselor
Our Admission Staff is eager to work with you and your family and will support you every step of the way.