Congratulations on your admission to North Central College!

The following is a list of the steps involved in the transfer admission and financial aid processes to help make your transition to North Central as smooth as possible.


Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships

For full financial aid consideration, complete or update your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with our college code 001734. Search for North Central College scholarships as well as outside resources. Contact your transfer admission counselor for assistance in working through this process.

Veteran Benefits/ROTC

North Central College students are eligible to participate in the U.S. Army ROTC Rolling Thunder Battalion or the U.S. Air Force ROTC Detachment 195 leading to a commission as a military officer. In addition to having the full undergraduate experience at North Central, cadets take one ROTC course per term at either Wheaton College (Army ROTC) or Illinois Institute of Technology (Air Force ROTC). Ten credit hours of military science course work is accepted in transfer credit toward your North Central degree.

For more information about being a ROTC cadet at North Central College, including the North Central ROTC Room & Board grant, contact Julie Carballo, Veteran & Military Student Services Coordinator, at or 630-637-5155.

Submit Your Commuter or Resident Deposit

Commuter: To reserve your spot in the class, you can pay your non-refundable $100 tuition deposit online, over the phone at 630-637-5800, by check made out to North Central College, or in person at the Welcome Center (1st floor Old Main). We highly recommend you discuss your financial aid award letter with your transfer counselor prior to submitting your deposit.

Resident: To reserve a spot in on-campus housing, your deposit will instead be $200 and you'll also need to complete the online housing application. You will need your North Central login credentials to complete the questionnaire; please refer to your acceptance packet for those details. If you are seeking a housing accommodation for medical needs, review our guidelines and submit the form by the appropriate deadline.

Residence hall space is assigned in deposit date order. We highly recommend you discuss your financial aid award letter with your transfer counselor prior to submitting your deposit.

Complete Required Immunizations Form

Submit your immunization records after you submit your deposit. This form needs to be submitted to the Dyson Wellness Center before you are able to schedule a class advising and registration appointment.

Advising, Registration and Orientation

Once your deposit is processed, you will receive information about class advising, registration and Orientation. All typically begin in mid-May and continue throughout the next academic year.

Complete Mandatory Violence Prevention Training

Complete North Central's Violence Prevention Training before the first day of classes.  Call the Dyson Wellness Center with any questions (630-637-5550).

Request Final Transcripts

Make arrangements to have your final college or university transcripts sent to the Office of Admission before the first day of the term. If you haven't already done so, please also send an official final high school transcript showing date of graduation.

Purchase Books and Supplies

Determine which books and supplies you'll need for each class by regularly checking Merlin as your start term approaches.  Books are available for purchase or rent at the North Central College Bookstore.

Connect with Campus

Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and stay up to date with all our other social media connections around campus!