College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Why pursue an anthropology degree at North Central College?
You won’t simply explore the diversity of world culture in the classroom—you’ll witness it firsthand. You’ll have the chance to travel almost anywhere in the world through our robust study abroad program. And closer to home, you can research or intern at The Field Museum in Chicago, which is just a short train ride from campus. No matter how you build your anthropological expertise, you’ll do it with the personal attention and close collaboration of our outstanding faculty.
You can also:
- Apply for a Richter Grant to fund your research anywhere in the world.
- Travel to Guatemala during the College's May Term with Enactus to study highland Maya culture while working with indigenous artists and farmers.
- Apply for the Mironda K. Heston Scholarship for Public Service, which funds international human service projects.
- Intern at The Field Museum in Chicago.
- Acquire the cultural competence necessary to thrive in increasingly globalized workplaces.
- Acquire a wide range of ethnographic and archaeological fieldwork methods in our new, fieldwork-intensive curriculum, which develops skills sought by employers in profit and non-profit enterprises.
For additional programs and courses in this department, see
Anthropology Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
- The Field Museum, Chicago
Recent graduates in anthropology have been accepted at:
- University of Illinois, Graduate School of Library and Information Science
- Cambridge University
- University of Chicago
- University of Louisville
Recent graduates in anthropology include:
- Library assistant, University of Chicago
- National Archives employee, Great Lakes Branch, Chicago
- After-school children’s club coordinator for refugee children, World Relief, Aurora, IL
- Fair trade importer, WorldFinds, Westmont, IL
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
Apply to North Central College
The first step to becoming a North Central student is reading the application instructions specific to you. Find out everything you need to know about applying by selecting the group you belong to below.