Why choose social entrepreneurship at North Central College?
The only solution to a world with more problems is a society with more problem-solvers. If you want to be part of the next generation of changemakers who develop creative solutions to complex social challenges, you’ll love our social entrepreneurship major. You’ll be prepared to combine the best levers of business with a broad understanding of society and culture to create change around the issues that you care about most. You’ll be a sought-after addition to any organization that wants to create social impact, and you’ll be well-equipped to launch your own for-profit business or non-profit organization. North Central’s social entrepreneurship programs have won “best initiative” and “best course” awards from Future Founders, a Chicago-based entrepreneurship organization
You can also:
- Learn from and network with local social entrepreneurs through our “Meet the Changemakers” speaker series, and attend conferences, workshops and site visits in the Chicago region
- Join or lead student organizations like Enactus to support global entrepreneurs while operating a direct trade coffee business, The Union to run a music venue as a platform for social change, Students for Social Innovation to advocate for causes you care about, and many more
- Pitch your new venture or project idea in our Changemaker Challenge to receive seed funding and mentoring, or apply for other grants to explore and learn about the issues you want to address
- Benefit from the staff and resources in the Center for Social Impact, North Central’s forward-thinking hub for social innovation and changemaking
- Land internships and jobs with social impact organizations of all types, including businesses, non-profits, and government agencies
Social Entrepreneurship, B.A.
38-40 credit hours including
All of the following:
- LEAD 100 - Design Thinking for Social Impact
- LEAD 120 - Leaders Without Borders
- LEAD 180 - Financial Intelligence for Social Entrepreneurs
- LEAD 200 - Social Innovation
- LEAD 300 - Social Entrepreneurship
- LEAD 370 - Marketing for Social Impact
- LEAD 380 - Financing and Law for Social Impact
- LEAD 400 - Impact Measurement
One of the following:
- LEAD 495 - Capstone: Applied Leadership
- LEAD 497 - Internship (four or more credit hours)
One of the following:
- LEAD 230 - Conflict Resolution
- LEAD 310 - Leadership and Place
- LEAD 360 - Precepting (two credit hours)
- LEAD 390 - Seminar in Leadership Theory
- LEAD 499 - Independent Study (two or more credit hours)
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
Apply to North Central College
The first step to becoming a North Central student is reading the application instructions specific to you. Find out everything you need to know about applying by selecting the group you belong to below.