Master of Business Administration specialization in Financial Management
Why Pursue a Master of Business Administration specialization in financial management Degree at North Central College?
Take flexible 100% online courses from anywhere! The program is designed to support balancing work, life, and school. Become equipped with key competencies and innovative skills to advance your career through the online Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Financial Management.
- Courses focused on business fundamentals
- Suite of courses focused on business administration
- Master skills in Financial Analysis, Data Security, and Mergers and Acquisitions
Do you want to play an integral role in developing and implementing strategies to meet the goals of your organization and increase profitability? Our program will equip you to become a creative thinker and problem-solver who is ready to tackle the latest financial problems so you're ready to elevate your career as a financial manager!
- 100% Online
- Courses offered every seven weeks
- Asynchronous learning allowing you to learn on your own schedule
Personal and Professional Development
A key distinguishing feature of our program is a residency experience. You will be immersed in a professional development conference atmosphere with content that bolsters our liberal arts approach to your business education. You will have opportunities to interact with business leaders willing to serve as mentors, meet program faculty, network with peers, and participate in value-added seminars specially designed to significantly enhance your career potential.
The professional development events are a unique feature of our program and are offered in a conference format with speakers and breakout sessions rather than a course led by one instructor.
- Ability to convey business concepts and original and creative solutions in a coherent and professional manner.
- Ability to apply data analysis, interpretation, and presentation skills to advanced and complex business situations.
- Awareness and importance of managing global and multicultural personnel in a professional setting for international organizations.
- Understanding of the ethical and social responsibilities of companies, organizations, and business professionals.
- Expertise in the application of a broad range of business concepts.
Master of business administration with specialization in financial Management curriculum
Take one course in each 7 week session to complete the degree in 24 months. Courses are offered 100% online in an asynchronous environment allowing you to learn on your own schedule.
A minimum of 36 credit hours: 15 credit hours in core courses, 12 credit hours in Business Administration courses and nine credit hours of financial management courses.
Data Analytics for Managers
Applied Managerial Marketing
Business Administration Courses
Entrepreneurship and New Venture Strategy
Global Supply Chain Design and Management
Financial Management Courses (choose 3)
Financial Analysis and Insights
Internal Controls and Data Security in the Digital Age
International Trade, Taxes and Transfer Pricing
Merger, Acquisitions and Other Business Combinations
Our faculty have real-world experience and are able to bring case studies into your virtual classroom. Although our degree is online, the business faculty are accessible for you to reach out and connect.
Economics and Finance Faculty
Human Resources Faculty
WEEKEND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCES
As an important piece of your professional development, you are required to attend one weekend residency experience during your master's degree. A weekend professional development experience provides you with opportunities to interact with business leaders willing to serve as mentors, meet program faculty, network with peers, and participate in value-added seminars specially designed to significantly enhance your career potential.
The professional development events are a unique feature of our program and are offered in a conference format with speakers and break out sessions, rather than a course led by one instructor.
Professional Development Topics
Experienced professionals and guest speakers will host workshops and events on a variety of topics, which may include:
- Data Analytics and Visualization
- Leadership and Talent Development
- Professionalism and Ethical Responsibilities
- Personal and Professional Selling
- Physical, Mental and Financial Health
- Creativity, Curiosity and Idea Generation